The Bridgwater Public Library
Binford Place - 01278 458373
Built in 1905 it was financed with an endowment from Andrew Carnegie. It was opened in 1906 by the mayor, Henry W. Pollard. At the time it was one of the best free libraries in the country.
In addition to the normal books, the library lists job vacancies for the local area which have been filed with the Bridgwater Job Center and Careers Office. There are also quiet study areas available and facilities for the disabled.
The Librarians will be happy to order specific books from the major county libraries for a small fee.