Docks - Responsible for the growth of Bridgwater due to its
connection with the Bristol channel and the Bridgwater/Taunton Canal.
Bridgwater was, in its time the largest port in the area, larger
even than Bristol. The Docks were designed in 1841 by Thomas
Madducks. The Docks closed in 1971. More information on the docks
is available here
or at the Admiral
Blake Museum where there is an excellent exhibit room upstairs.
centre of the photograph (in the distance) is the Brick
& Tile Museum, again responsible for major exports via the